Having Trouble Accessing Freedom Online Banking? This May Help!
If you are having difficulty logging into your online banking account, and have already verified that your account is trouble free at the bank, then most likely there is a problem with your browser. We will cover some basic steps you can take to clear up your issue in a few clicks here in this document.
The “Browser” is the software you use to access the internet. You may be using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or any other number of third party browsers out there. Branson Bank’s online banking service provider supports Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Apple Safari is not currently a supported browser due to the way Apple handles Safari’s updates. Safari will work sometimes, and not other times, and is not reliable. You should always ensure that your supported browser is updated to its most recent version. We recommend using Google Chrome for accessing Freedom Online Banking, as it tends to offer the most reliable and trouble-free performance.
The Number One Reason Your Browser Stops Working With Online Banking
Your browser stores a lot of information about the sites you visit. This information file is called the “Cache” (usually pronounced “cash”). Occasionally some of this information will not be refreshed or purged like it should. As an internet user, you should be aware how to clear the cache for whichever browser you are using. It is one of the basic browser maintenance functions for all users. Here is a guide on how to clear the cache for the most current versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Ninety percent of the time, clearing the cache will resolve your issue. Scroll down to find instructions for clearing the cache of one of the three supported browsers.
Clearing the Cache In Google Chrome
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. It is usually located in the upper right corner.
2. Select Tools.
3. Select Clear browsing data.
4. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove. If you want to keep your saved passwords, uncheck the “Clear Saved
5. In order to solve browser problems with online banking, the boxes next to “Delete Cookies and other Site Plugin Data” and “Empty The Cache” should both be checked.
6. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Your best bet is to select beginning of time to delete the whole history.
7. Click Clear browsing data.
8. Close all your browser windows, even ones that are minimized to the task bar.
9. Reopen your browser and try accessing online banking again. Hopefully the issue is resolved.
Clearing the Cache in Internet Explorer
- This works for Internet Explorer version 9 and Later
- Internet Explorer should be at least version 9 in order to work with Freedom Online. Earlier versions are not supported, and may not be secure. To check your version of Internet Explorer, open it and click the Gear icon in upper right. If there is no gear icon, click Help in the Menu Bar. Now click “About Internet Explorer”.
1. Open Internet Explorer .
2. Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don't want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
3. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
4. Click Delete.
Clearing the Cache in Mozilla Firefox
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
2. Select the Advanced panel.
3. Click on the Network tab.
4. In the Cached Web Content section, click “Clear Now”.
5. Click OK to close the Options Window.
If clearing your cache does not solve the issue, please try using a different browser to access your online banking. There are many settings in any browser that can interfere with specific websites. You can download and install Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox for free from the links below:
NOTE: These links will take you out of the bransonbank.com domain. We are not responsible for and cannot manage content that is obtained outside of Branson Bank’s domain.
Google Chrome Browser – http://www.google.com/chrome
Mozilla Firefox Browser - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop