Customers have been receiving automated calls and text messages concerning debit cards being locked out. The calls or messages may state that they are from Branson Bank or other banks. These are malicious attempts to obtain customer debit card information. Your account is not in any danger of compromise unless you previously provided information in response to the automated calls. To avoid the fraudulent attempt, please follow these guidelines.
1. Do not return a call to the number provided in the automated message.
2. Do not dial any prompted numbers during the call.
3. Anyone receiving a call like this should simply hang up.
4. Additionally, ignore and delete text messages alerting you to a problem with your debit card.
5. If you have questions or concerns about your debit card please call your bank directly to inquire.
6. If you have previously received this call and responded to it, please contact the bank immediately and let them know that you may have provided information that could compromise your card.
Thanks for your help with stopping fraud before it gets started.