Online Bill Pay Benefits
Q: What are the primary benefits of Online Bill Pay? A: Here’s a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Online Bill Pay.
- Save time. With Online Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. That means no more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the post office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won’t have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain peace of mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of mailed checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With Online Bill Pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That’s good news for you and the environment.
Q: What is eBill? A: eBill is a feature that allows you to receive and pay electronic versions of paper bills directly from your Online Bill Pay account.
Q: How do eBills work? A: eBills are delivered directly to your Online Bill Pay account. Once you set up an individual eBill for a company you do business with, an eBill comes directly from that payee to your account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable service providers, phone service providers, utility providers and credit card companies.
Q: Will I still receive paper statements when I have eBill? A: You may continue to receive paper statements for the next 2 or 3 billing cycles. Contact your payee for more details on their paper statement policy.
Q: How will I know if eBill is available for a payee? A: If a payee offers eBill, there will be a “Setup eBill” link next to their listing on your Online Bill Pay dashboard. If you are receiving eBill summaries from your payee and full bill statements become available, you will see a button that reads “Setup eBill”
Q: What are the primary benefits of eBill? A: With eBill, everything you need is in one convenient location. Using eBill allows you to streamline your bill pay routine and have online access to your bills. That means you won’t have to keep track of paper bills. In addition, you can view past bill statements at a glance.
Q: What information is included in an eBill? A: If available for your payee, your full bill statement will be delivered to your account. That means you can view all statement information, including transactions, payment history, credits, and more. If full eBill details are not available for your payee, you will receive a summary eBill statement that includes balance due, due date and minimum payment amount.
Q: How do I pay an eBill? A: To pay an eBill, simply choose the account you want to pay from, enter the amount you want to pay and schedule when you want the payment delivered.
Q: How do I know when I have received an eBill? A: You can sign up to receive an electronic notice to alert you when an eBill has been delivered to your account. You can receive these notices in the form of emails or text alerts to provide an extra reminder when a payment is due.
Q: What are the primary benefits of Online Bill Pay? A: The major benefits are true control and total convenience for you. This means you’ll be able to:
- Pay your business’s bills and view payment activity anytime, anywhere
- Delegate the payment responsibilities you want to
- Set permission controls so you maintain the final say
- Quickly run customized reports with the information your business needs
- Reduce your paperwork and bookkeeping •Maintain more control over cash flow
- Increase your security over mailing checks